We're on the lookout for enthusiastic and skilled writers who can expertly navigate the challenges of interactive dialogue and nonlinear storytelling. This is an off-site (remote) project based contract position (a typical assignment is usually completed in 6-8 weeks).
- Generate story and character concepts for upcoming games and/or post-launch content.
- Draft and refine plot outlines that map content across multiple story paths and endings.
- Write, proof, and revise story scripts comprised of narration and dialogue using a spreadsheet based template.
- Compose asset descriptions for character, background, and cutscene art for artists.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Experienced writer with a demonstrable body of work.
- Capable of accepting critique and making revisions based on feedback.
- Superb communication skills; i.e. you don't have to be poked in order to update us.
- Must be well versed in video games and gamer culture.
- Super friendly, deadline driven, and adaptable to change.
- A complete and utter geek.
- Prior experience writing for video games, particularly visual novels, RPGs, and/or point-and-click adventure games.
- Adventure, romance, comedy genre enthusiast.
If interested in applying, please send an e-mail with your resume, cover letter (preferably in the body of the e-mail, not as an attachment), and relevant writing samples (ideally, examples of interactive fiction and branching dialogue) to jobs (at) duquesnewhistle (dot) com. Please include the job title in the e-mail subject line. If you are a freelancer with established rates, please include them in your cover letter.
There are no full-time positions currently available. Please check back again at a later time.
odds & ends
No other opportunities seem to be an exact fit but still want to be a part of something special? We're open to bringing on volunteers if your skills match a need. To be considered, send an e-mail to jobs (at) duquesnewhistle (dot) com with the subject title "Volunteer Application" and be sure to include a cover letter (in the body of your e-mail, not as an attachment), attach (or link to) your resume, and link to any relevant portfolio materials (if applicable). Remember to tell us exactly WHY you want to volunteer for us (I mean, us? C'mon now. Really?) and WHAT you think you can do.